Saturday, October 08, 2011

LOVE AS HARD AS NAILS

"...who for the joy set before Him endured the cross..."

Joy, knowing that millions of people would no longer need live in despair of a purposeless and meaningless existence, but are enabled to come and find the Source of life - in relationship with You.

***************************************************

Although I am separated by distance, knowing that my OCF cell group is still there gives me a sense of comfort. But come December, half of the cell leaves - the half that I have laughed with, studied with, stayed up late with, and enjoyed life with.

And the whole of this year, I have only played in service ONCE! I no longer belong to a band or a music ministry...

Perhaps I was much too ambitious, thinking that I could survive without OCF and guitaring. Thus, now I feel lost, and not quite sure of what I am apart from all these.

Again, I am astounded by how this is probably the most perfect time for a guy to appear in my life (plus I'm working and of marriageable age and all!), except for this stupid-heart-that-won't-move-on.

***************************************************

So...

I thank You, that in You I know I can always say, "I belong and am found".

Love's as hard as nails,
Love is nails:
Blunt, thick, hammered through
The medial nerves of One
Who, having made us, knew
The thing he had done;
Seeing (with all that is)
Our cross, and his.
~ C.S. Lewis, Poems

No comments: