Sunday, December 06, 2009

NOBILITY vs CALLING

Deep inside every melancholic is a desire to ‘save the world’ through self-sacrifice. We all have grandeous notions of nobility. Take Moses for example… tsk tsk tsk.

It is a warning for me too : Do I want to work in East Malaysia just because it is a noble thing to do??

The hard labour, absence of appreciation, the ugliness of the real world… it will all sink in and break any notions of nobility or self-sacrifice.

Nobility ain’t gonna bring me very far!

I think that was what my Dad was trying to tell me – “You’re too idealistic, you don’t know how it is… once you go there, they’re not going to let you come back!( to West Malaysia )”.

Well, which is all probably very true.

My own grandeous ideas of nobility will be too small or me to live for. And myself too, for that matter, or even my family, or the people in my country (or my dog, if I ever have a dog )… will all too, be too small for me to live for.

Only GOD is BIG enough to live for.

I sure hope I really learn this lesson, and not have to spend 40 years in some desert learning it! XD I sure hope I’m doing this because You have called me, not because of any grandeous notions of nobility.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

SO the next time you’re thinking of doing something just because it’s a noble thing to do… BEWARE! Notions of nobility ain’t gonna get you very far!

But….

If you’re doing something because God has called you to… now, that’s quite a different story altogether. =)

No comments: