Tuesday, November 10, 2009

TAKE IT ALL


I don’t want the year to end.

But all things must soon pass away, and You have taught me to not hold on too tightly to earthly treasures… even the moments of life.

I could hold on to the year, but I know that my grip will not last for long, eventually it will have to be pried from me. And the things that we hold on to will eventually turn to dust in our hands, because there is nothing in ourselves that can bring life.

So we give it to You, to make beautiful in Your way, and in Your time (the year is too short!).

Let this year pass…. I give it back to You, the joys and the pains, the blessings and trials, every friendship and ministry… and of course, my studies. “Take, take, take it all”.

I release my grip.

I only ask that You help me end it well, and pave the way in my heart for a brand new year – with new joys and pains, different blessings and trials, and perhaps new/different friendships and ministries.

But the same God. =)

2 comments:

sarah ong said...

Hey Linda..
How I wish I can sit down with you, catch up, laugh, pray, cry and listen. :)

Am thinking and praying for u

eguitarist said...

AWWWW :')I'll definately be heading up to KL some weekends when I'm back! Can do :)