Thursday, November 17, 2005

MED SCHOOL

Things have become very settled n rather routine… medical life? Not really all that glamorous….it’s all the extra stuff that adds flavor to life…currently doing Behavioral Sciences…the subtle sciences, they call it….small part, but VERY important…will determine how much you make in private practice. We’re now working on communication skills thru interviewing simulated patients (they pretend to be patients)…which we record to be criticized by lecturers. Did you know that they (SP) can make RM 25 per two hour session? I guess that covers part of the trauma they have to go thru….So far no dissections, only really cool models which we can assemble n disassemble in the museum…kinda fun actually. Exams, what can I say? One mark for each correct answer, minus half for every incorrect answer in true/false ques, which they can ask anything, I mean ANYTHING….What else? I eat almost the same stuff everyday, food here is kinda limited unless you go out...which costs....only 2 hours of lectures each day, group discussions called Problem Based Learning (PBL), the rest is all self study….and having a room all to myself is the best thing, I can practise my guitaring whenever I want and do morning devotions freely. We just had our first practice for Friday Night Concert yesterday….really thankful to be given the opportunity altho there are others who are much more talented…. Sometimes I really wonder, what does Intec have that lacks here?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.