Thursday, May 06, 2010

THERE IS SO MUCH DYING TO BE DONE!


The Learner: How often am I to surrender myself, Lord, and in what matters am I to leave my own preferences behind?
The Beloved: Always; at every moment, in small things as much as in great.

(Thomas a Kempis, The imitation of Christ)


I think I’ve told several people lately, “Nothing is turning out like how I want it to this semester.” I am learning more and more, to leave my own preferences behind.

Did I not say that I would follow wherever You lead? You lead me to victory, yet, no victory comes without first passing the Cross. Without Good Friday, there would be no Easter Sunday. Without the emptying, there can be no filling.

‘When Christ calls a man (or woman), He bids him come and die’. Dietrich Bonhoeffer

I gladly come, for Your yoke is easy, and Your burden light. And in truth, there is no other place I’d rather be, than right here with You, my King of Glory.

But, oh, ‘there is so much dying to be done’!

*The irony: I am now doing my palliative care week*

No comments: