Friday, January 01, 2010

REMEMBER & FORGET


Tis the New Year.

We celebrate the New Year with concerts and countdowns and fireworks (at least here in Malaysia we do). As wit every year, we start off by entertaining ourselves... a trend that is set to contibue for the entire year.

You know how the Israelites celebrated the New Year? By remembering the Pass-over. Yes there was feasting, but feasting with a purpose - a lamb, with unleavened bread and bitter herbs - to remember. It would do us good to likewise remember.

I remember… the God who found me, carried me, set me free, is always with me, goes before me, is working things out for me, and has plans for me – plans to prosper me, to give me a hope and a future. A God who is never changing, whose days never end, who holds eternity in His hands.

I remember… that I was bought by Your blood, am set apart for You, set free… to live for You and You alone.

I step into the New Year with You. Let me not look backwards but forward… to all You will show and do through me and another year of being Your hands and feet. =)

But one thing I do: Forgeting what is behind and straining towards what is ahead, I press on towards the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenwards in Christ Jesus. Phil 3:13b-14

Forget? What do we forget? What is behind – what we have turned our backs on in choosing following Christ… our ‘old life in Egypt’ – of slavery, of misery, of shame, of failures and dissapointments.

Let us let go of the past, that we may take hold of the future He has for us.

Let us remember, and forget.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well said Linda =) Jo here btw. Keep up the good work on your blog. Thank you for sharing your life with us. God bless!