Saturday, September 12, 2009

TRAGEDIES


There was once this guy and girl who fell for each other. Unfortunately, they could not be together because of a long-lasting feud between their families. Romeo and Juliet thus decided to end their lives, because death would be better than living without the other.

The story of Romeo and Juliet is often thought to be the epitome of “romance”. Yet, it was never written to be so. Instead, it was originally written as ‘The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet’. Yes, a Tragedy – because they could not see past their present feelings.

We all feel strongly for something/someone at some point of our lives. Yet, at the end of the day, we know that feelings are merely feelings, and are at best fleeting and temporary. It would be good if we could always see feelings as they are, and not fall into Tragedy.

This night I am reminded of another tragedy that isn’t quite a Tragedy. The tragedy of a man on a cross, because He so loved… and it wasn’t just feelings – He loved with a Passion. And perhaps the greatest Tragedy of all…was if we failed to recognize that the one Love that we cannot lose is the one Love that we mustn’t (I hope that sentence makes sense, I think I'm getting rather sleepy).

So yeah, it really doesn’t matter if the guy I like is “just not that into me” (I’ll forget all about it when I get back to Msia anyway). I already know that I have a Love that I cannot lose – and that’s what’s really important.

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Rom 8:38-39

But of course that being said, I’m still female and I have feelings… and the fact that people in hospital and OCF keep bringing up BGR topics really doesn’t help! I’m really so gonna have a good laugh about this 2 years from now….I might as well just start laughing right now! XD XD XD

....and I am convinced that things really can’t get any more amusing than this!

1 comment: