Thursday, July 13, 2006

ROTATIONS

It’s not that I didn’t have anything to blog about for the past two weeks; you could say that life in IMU has really hit me in the face. System courses, this IS the real thing (although CVS is supposedly the easiest system in IMU). Now I see why some become disillusioned, and studying becomes the main priority in life, this is when all they look forward to is a slip of paper that bears the lone triangle. I am reminded that I too, could easily fall into that, I have every reason to….to fulfill my dreams of a certain University, to meet the expectations of my dad and worse still my own, to live up to the image of a scholar and also the image of a Christian….but it’s not all about me, how much I try or even how pure my motives seem to be. It’s times like this that I realize in comparison, You never asked more than I could give, yet You asked for ALL that I have, along with all that I am. Hmm…..question is can I give my all? Yes, not by might nor by power, but by Your Spirit. I will hang on to that, I give my IMU days into Your hands….
Rotations is the perfect time for relaxing, but of course not a time to be idle, which I hope I will not be…please guard me against that, I have a tendency to oversleep these days. So far had lectures on sewage treatment (yes, it’s related to medicine…preventive side), just spent almost two hours studying pictures of parasites (those darn Plasmodiums…grrr), will soon be going off to the famous KKB posting where we’re sent to observe clinic settings for five days…then there’s always the Orang Asli mission trip in August to look forward to…bathing in the river, sarong and all…wonder if I’ll manage? The medical semester is almost nearing it’s end, now only the slaughtering of Sem5 left…I can hear the shouts of the Sem1 ppl getting their End of Sem results right now….that seemed so long ago…yup, the entire Sem2, in just one blink of an eye…but I’m glad.

No comments: