Monday, May 08, 2006

X......CAVATE!

Our very own definition:
1 make a total change by seeking God from the heart and soul
2 remove impurity to find true self

This is perhaps the shortest camp that I’ve ever attended (1 day and 16 hours), even though I only slept 7 out of the 40. For some, it was a time of rediscovering themselves, others…a time of fun and fellowship….me here, still wondering. I guess for me it was more of a time of relaxing (haven’t been playing guitar up till 3.30 am for a long, long time), of having nothing to distract me, not responsibilities, not studies, not friends…definitely not the drums (there wasn’t one)….nor having any other ‘agendas’. Just Him and me…plus my husband la…

Saturday night was the best! It still amazes me, how God being who He is, the majestic, awesome God, could love us with an unfailing love; that He is not a God distant and far away, but near to our hearts…that we can call Him Father and Friend. The whole conference room was an altar - campers coming to God, seeking Him on their knees, just where they are. That, and receiving news from the ECF side that another soul from IMU had come to Christ….wah, it was double joy for me! Ha ha! The very funny thing, being in camp, I was feeling a bit sick of missing all the crappy jokes in Friday cell, of not being able to drive ppl to church in the pajero, of the forceful beat of the drums during SNL (altho I heard imaginary drum beats in my head during camp too!) and of the late night suppers at Everyday. I never thought ECF meant that much to me. But it does. As much as CF, very much….


We even have our very own camp song! Written and composed in one day by my batch mate, Ivy Ang, it was an instant hit!

Who am I
Tell me why
I am here for
Cos sometimes I’m lost
Who will give
Me a lift
When I’m feeling weak
It’s your strength I need

Before the world began
You were on His mind
To love Him and be loved by Him
Oh what a sweet relief

Why am I – still worrying today
Why should – let sorrow stay
Come let’s be strong and courageous
Because….
He’s given – JOY PEACE LOVE and
STRENGTH to last for the day
His mercies – new everyday
Sufficient, Your grace is – A-MA-a-ZING
Oh thank You Father
For the mighty cross………
So that I am Yours……..
Mighty child of God…

First night was ice-breakers which lasted till about 1am (56 of us, six groups)… I came down with headache afte that cos have been up and about since morn, but then played guitar till 3.30 am afte supper – supper, the universal medicine…
Second day devotions at 7.30am, then had three sessions of talks (very basic and simple, yet to the crux of the matter) with games (me being me, decided to run without slippers in one of them and ended up with two very big patches of blisters..sigh) and treasure hunt (really going back and forth b/w the furthest ends of the camp site!) in between, and ended the day with a mass altar call afte last session…most of us slept around 2am bcos of the sketch that had to be presented on Sun. Again, mad guitarist slept at 3.30am…cos too overjoyed?…Nah, she’s just gone mad la…
Third day…devotions, sketch presentation…
Revealing of mortals (yes, we played that game), photo taking session(s)….


MY BATCH - The mad Sem Twos

ME & SEM 5 GANG - I'm so gonna miss them

ECF PEOPLE WHO WENT(Joseph spoiling the pic by not being in it)


Came back here 3.30pm, decided to take short nap till 5.30pm but woke up 6.30….am…
Don’t get jealous now, I had CSU at 8am today, then lectures and PBL presentation at 2pm which I did not have prepared till 1.55pm okay…. “I really have to study…” (Most quoted phrase in IMU)…

X-CAVATE CAMP COMMITTEE - see my signature?

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His wonderful light. 1Pet 2:9

3 comments:

LX said...

Well done! Sounds fun!

Anonymous said...

"Just Him and me…plus my husband la…"

husband?

eguitarist said...

My 1st husband-eric-yamaha classical
2nd husband-peter-ibanez electrical
Get it??